Welcome to the School and Eco Council Page!
Minutes from School Council Meeting with Mr Dyer - 11/11/2019
Pupils met with their peers, recently, to discuss several matters that would be put to Mr Dyer.
1. A proposal was heard from two pupils in Year 2: Should school council expand to include KS1 representatives? This was carried with a unanimous vote.
Action: Mrs Cranmer to organise votes for KS1 as soon as possible with support of the School Council team.
2. Enrichment opportunities: proposal from year 4 member that every Friday afternoon is an enrichment opportunity. Could there be more opportunities like this. Action: Mr Dyer to discuss this with the teachers in terms of feasibility and how it might work.
3. School Council agreed that the current uniform fulfils intended purpose and doesn't need consultation/change.
4. Mr Dyer to ensure that children are allowed on the field at lunchtime whenever it is not too wet.
5. Some pupils would like a wider collection of books in library and book boxes: £2000 is being spent on new books, including some donated by PTA. School Council reps will inform their classes that this has happened.
6. Some classes don’t have much to do at wet play whereas some have lots. Atcion: Each School Councillor to do an audit of what they are able to do at wet play times and share with Mr Dyer.
7. Some of the computers in the lower site aren’t working. The PTA are increasing funding for IT equipment and we would like some of this to be spent on PCs.
9. The council also discussed homework and how it differs in each year group. Mr Dyer will take these opinions with him to Parent Forum this week.
School Council Produce Anti-Bullying Policy for Children
In the last few weeks before handing over to new councillors, our School Council have finalised their child-friendly anti-bullying policy. It will be distributed to each class and promoted in an assembly during Anti-Bullying Week in November.
You can see the new policy on the policies section of this website: https://www.brixington.devon.sch.uk/policies/
2018-2019 School Councillors
Current School Council focus
*Gaining opinions from children across the school about areas we need to focus on