First Federation Trust
Our Mission Statement -
Brixington Primary Academy is a positive and joyful community where children are empowered to become good citizens and the highest expectations challenge all learners to achieve their very best.
Our Curriculum Vision
To achieve our mission, Brixington's curriculum is designed to celebrate the school's local content context and complement our children's home experiences. A rich and varied diet of activities enrich schemes of learning that build pupils' knowledge and skills, sequentially.
Good citizens are people who show friendship, respect, honesty, endeavour and sportsmanship. These are our chosen values and our basis for praise and reward.
Learners who achieve their very best enjoy reading and have very secure understanding of English and maths, but are also knowledgeable about other key areas and have skills that are transferable and well-developed.
In addition, our community have a particular enthusiasm to encourage learners to really contribute to their local community and to celebrate everything that is special about where we live: seafront, countryside and a busy town!
To achieve our mission and fulfil our vision, we make the following pledges to our community:
- All staff and children will feel valued and respected: their successes will be celebrated and they will feel proud.
- Children will be listened to by adults and treated with kindness and sympathy.
- Children’s learning will match their needs and they will all have opportunities that they may not have at home.
- All children will have equal opportunities to succeed.
- Children will represent the school at some stage during their time at Brixington.
- Children will enjoy a broad curriculum with a range of opportunities, including trips and learning through play.
- Children will understand how to stay safe and who to talk when they need things.
- Children will read fluently and will learn to love books.
- All children will learn outdoors, contributing to the school’s environment.
- Children will learn life skills such as cooking, growing food, swimming and looking after finances.
- Everyone will play a range of sports and exercise regularly.
- Children will enjoy creating and listening to music and will develop empathy through role play and drama.
- Everyone will have opportunities to attend community events.
- All children will grapple with problems that are challenging to solve.
- Everyone will develop awareness of mental health and social and emotional needs.
- Children will have the opportunity to share their learning with parents and carers.